Spring Centered (4 Pad) Disc Clutch Kit includes Heavy Duty Pressure Plate (H021) and Spring Centered (4 Pad) Clutch Disc (4212210).Spring Centered (4 Pad) Clutch Disc
- Recommended for Road Racing, Increased torque capacity and spline life, Good durability and spline life, Quiet operation, reduced driveline shock, Very harsh engagement, chatter. Torque Capacity: 490 ft/lbsHeavy Duty Pressure Plate
- Clamps load increase of 44%, Pedal feels stock to moderate, SFI Certified to insure safety.
After spending long hours and thousands of dollars building that high powered engine, you need a quality clutch that can properly transfer that power into motion. Count on ACT clutches for quality, performance and affordability.
ACT recognizes that every driver and engine set-up is unique, so a variety of complete clutch kits and components are offered to match virtually any situation. ACT's complete clutch kits include a pressure plate and disc.
Consider carefully which clutch is right for your car. First you need a clutch that will hold all the power, but not too excessive. For street use, you also need a long lasting clutch that has a positive feel, smooth engagement and quiet operation. For racing, you need a tough clutch that will enable quick shifts and hard slips all the way to the finish line..ACT Race Discs
- Quicker shifting due to reduced weight
- Higher torque and heat capacity than organic discs with fade free characteristics
- Longer clutch life through ACT's careful selection of materials and features
- SFI to insure safety Key Features
1. All drive plates are high carbon spring steel that is heat treated and black zinc plated to resist bending, cracking, fatigue and rust even under severe racing conditions.
2. ACT uses thicker retainer stampings for increased strength and durability.
3. Spring windows are heat treated to resist wear, increase strength and reduce the chance of springs "popping" out from hub wear.
4. Hub forgings are CNC machined for precision and consistency.
5. All friction pads are measured, sorted and matched before assembly to insure that each disc is uniform in thickness.
6. All ACT spring center race disc hub assemblies use bushings and cone springs similar to factory clutch discs. This creates frictional dampening which improves clutch life and reduces noise.
7. ACT carefully selects rivet design and materials for maximum strength. Solid center discs use 16 hub rivets for high torque and shock tolerance.
8. Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger than standard springs and are offered in three sizes and spring rates. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears.
9. Premium ceramic friction materials provide high heat tolerance, high coefficient of friction and low wear rates. Our pads will hold approximately 28% more torque than standard organic materials.
10. Spring retainers utilize a wrap around spring window that not only gives liberal support for the springs, but also reduces stress concentrations that are a common cause for failure.
11. We carefully broach our splines to ensure exact fit onto transmission input shafts for long spline life and better clutch release.
12. SFI certification is provided on all ACT race discs. ACT race discs are legal for competition in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
13. Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.ACT Pressure Plates
- Longer clutch life achieved through ACT's exclusive diaphragm design
- Smooth and precise feel with easy modulation
- Quiet, trouble free operation by use of strong drive straps
- Less vibration even at high rpm because of dynamic balancing
- Variety of designs available - All factory push, pull, crimp and rivet designs Key Features
1. Diaphragms are induction hardened on the release bearing contact area to reduce wear and promote smooth operation.
2. Cover stampings are sometimes reinforced by ACT to reduce flex and improve the efficiency and feel of the pressure plate.
3. Stronger drive straps and rivets are used when needed to strengthen the pressure plate and prevent breakage.
4. Up to four clamp load ratings are available (some applications) - choose between a Sport, Heavy Duty, Xtreme or MaXX Xtreme pressure plate.
5. We load test every pressure plate on a special computerized testing press for quality assurance. This same machine also assists in designing new products and evaluating parts that are in for service.
6. Proper release travel, clamp load, pedal effort, and working range are analyzed using specialized testing equipment and software.
7. All castings are CNC machined for greater consistency and precision.
8. ACT pressure plates feature a special single diaphragm design to dramatically increase clamp load without the adverse affects of double diaphragm type clutches.
9. Precision cover stampings provide rigidity, consistency and are cost effective.
10. Creative diaphragm designs are used to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure an exclusive four stage heat treating process for unparalleled performance.
11. Most ACT pressure plates are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1. and are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
12. All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high rpm.FREE SHIPPING within the USA