Most stock flywheels are heavy cast iron and are designed for optimum drivability by storing some of the engine's power in the form of inertia. Light flywheels provide significantly improved engine response and acceleration by compromising drivability. ACT flywheels are designed for improving engine response, strength and affordability.
- Preferred for Road Racing or minimum inertia
- Quick throttle response and acceleration
- Lightest with lowest inertia
- Reduced drivability
- Quicker acceleration and increased throttle response
- Maximum gear life - gear will not wear out or fall off
- Serviceable - can be resurfaced with no need to purchase additional parts
- Chrome-moly forgings three times more rigid than aluminum
- Longer lasting because of heat treated friction surfaces
- Excellent heat capacity from retaining adequate material behind the friction surface
- Trouble-free single piece design
- SFI certified to insure safety
1. ACT flywheels are lighter, stronger and safer than stock cast flywheels to meet the needs of both enthusiast and hard core racer.
2. Material is properly distributed for maximum strength, lower inertia, good heat tolerance and rigidity.
3. One piece construction allows less opportunity for failure and provides uniform efficient heat transfer from the clutch disc. No more warped inserts or loose ring gears.
4. Integral ring gear permits more weight reduction where it matters most and eliminates the chance of gear breakage or separation from the flywheel.
5. Precision machined threads will not easily strip out or get damaged like those found on aluminum flywheels.
6. ACT engineers XACT flywheels using the latest CAD and FEA (finite element analysis) software to evaluate all design alternatives to get the best results possible.
7. By hot forging chrome-moly steel, each flywheel yields an ultra fine centralized grain structure that is superior in strength to any other manufacturing method.
8. Timing marks are precisly located and clearly displayed (when applicable).
9. ACT gives extra effort to strategically slot XACT ProLite flywheels to lower inertia without sacrificing strength and heat dissipation.
10. ACT heat treats the entire forging for strength and toughness, and induction hardens their ring gears for longest gear life.
11. XACT Flywheels are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1. XACT Flywheels are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
12. Ring gears are cut with lead-in chamfers for better starter engagement and prevention against rounding off gear teeth.
13. Engineers at ACT demand tight tolerances for fit, concentricity and parallelism so that flywheels will have an exact fit onto the crankshaft, and operate smoothly even at extremely high rpm.
14. All flywheels are CNC machined and dynamically computer balanced for super smooth high RPM reliability.
FREE SHIPPING within the USA