After spending long hours and thousands of dollars building that high powered engine, you need a quality clutch that can properly transfer that power into motion. Count on ACT clutches for quality, performance and affordability.
ACT recognizes that every driver and engine set-up is unique, so a variety of complete clutch kits and components are offered to match virtually any situation. ACT's complete clutch kits include a pressure plate and disc.
Consider carefully which clutch is right for your car. First you need a clutch that will hold all the power, but not too excessive. For street use, you also need a long lasting clutch that has a positive feel, smooth engagement and quiet operation. For racing, you need a tough clutch that will enable quick shifts and hard slips all the way to the finish line.
Performance Street Clutch Kit includes Heavy Duty Pressure Plate (H021) and Performance Clutch Disc (3000106).
Performance Clutch Disc - Recommended for Street and Race, Quicker engagement, Quiet operation, Best organic friction material, improved hub and burst strength. Torque Capacity: 383 ft/lbs
Heavy Duty Pressure Plate - Clamps load increase of 44%, Pedal feels stock to moderate, SFI Certified to insure safety.
ACT Street Discs
- Quiet operation from OE quality torsional dampeners
- Increased clutch life
- Reduced fade - increased heat tolerance which helps prevent warping of mating surfaces
1. ACT carefully selects the right amount of cushioning between the linings to allow for good engagement characteristics without sacrificing performance.
2. Most ACT spring centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs similar to factory clutch discs. This creates frictional dampening which improves clutch life and reduces noise.
3. Spring retainers by ACT utilize a wrap around spring window that not only gives liberal support for the springs, but also reduces stress concentrations that are a common cause for failure. (Offered on most ACT Modified and Performance Street Discs)
4. ACT performance linings are steel backed for maximum burst and rotational strength.
5. We carefully broach our splines to ensure exact fit onto transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
6. Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cases than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application.
7. ACT Performance Street Discs feature a high copper content friction material. Through the use of copper the heat is pulled away from the surface. ACT achieves better heat tolerance and faster recovery from overheating.
8. Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and rivet materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
9. Spring windows on most ACT street discs are heat treated to resist wear, increase strength and reduce the chance of springs "popping" out.
10. ACT provides thicker retainer stampings for increased strength and reliability. (Offered on most ACT Modified and Performance Street Discs)
11. All modified, performance and many standard replacement discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
12. Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
ACT Pressure Plates
- Longer clutch life achieved through ACT's exclusive diaphragm design
- Smooth and precise feel with easy modulation
- Quiet, trouble free operation by use of strong drive straps
- Less vibration even at high rpm because of dynamic balancing
- Variety of designs available - All factory push, pull, crimp and rivet designs
1. Diaphragms are induction hardened on the release bearing contact area to reduce wear and promote smooth operation.
2. Cover stampings are sometimes reinforced by ACT to reduce flex and improve the efficiency and feel of the pressure plate.
3. Stronger drive straps and rivets are used when needed to strengthen the pressure plate and prevent breakage.
4. Up to four clamp load ratings are available (some applications) - choose between a Sport, Heavy Duty, Xtreme or MaXX Xtreme pressure plate.
5. We load test every pressure plate on a special computerized testing press for quality assurance. This same machine also assists in designing new products and evaluating parts that are in for service.
6. Proper release travel, clamp load, pedal effort, and working range are analyzed using specialized testing equipment and software.
7. All castings are CNC machined for greater consistency and precision.
8. ACT pressure plates feature a special single diaphragm design to dramatically increase clamp load without the adverse affects of double diaphragm type clutches.
9. Precision cover stampings provide rigidity, consistency and are cost effective.
10. Creative diaphragm designs are used to increase clamp load, reduce deflection and maximize clutch life. All diaphragms endure an exclusive four stage heat treating process for unparalleled performance.
11. Most ACT pressure plates are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1. and are legal for competition in all racing organizations where SFI certification is required.
12. All ACT pressure plates are dynamically computer balanced for smooth operation at high rpm.
FREE SHIPPING within the USA